The operator of a rideshare service must hold a rideshare vehicle licence for the vehicle. To be
eligible for this licence, you must:
Hold a current drivers
licence to drive a public vehicle; and
- Have a rideshare vehicle
compliance certificate for the vehicle, issued not more than one month
before the date of the application.
The registered operator of a vehicle may apply to the road transport authority for a rideshare vehicle licence. The application must be in writing and state the following information for each relevant person:
- The person?s name
- The person?s date of birth
- Whether the person is an Australian citizen, a permanent resident; or a temporary resident who holds a visa that allows them to hold a rideshare vehicle licence
- Whether the person is disqualified from applying for the licence
- The registration number of the vehicle to be licensed.
The vehicle to be used as a rideshare vehicle must:
- Be a registered vehicle
- Be a suitable vehicle
- Comply with the applicable vehicle standards.
Please consult the Contact Officer for more information regarding eligibility requirements.