You will require this licence if you intend to operate a business that involves buying, selling, exchanging or otherwise dealing in second-hand goods in the Australian Capital Territory. Second-hand goods include, but are not limited to:
- Jewellery that includes gemstones or precious metals;
- Precious metals;
- Sporting and recreational goods other than clothes, shoes or goods sold by the Defence Force;
- Musical instruments;
- Photographic equipment;
- Tools, including tool kits and portable engine powered tools, portable motorised tools, other than tools sold by the Defence Force;
- Certain portable engine tools, portable motorised tools or portable air-powered tools;
- Electrical or electronic goods, including microwave ovens, compact disc readers, compact disc writers and compact disc rewriters, other than refrigerators, washing machines and other whitegoods;
- Computer hardware and computer software;
- Audio cassettes and records (singles and albums);
- Video cassettes, floppy discs, compact (laser-read) discs, digital video discs and other electronic information storage devices;
- Watercraft and parts of watercraft;
- Car radios, car stereos and car sound equipment; and
- Mobile telephones and accessories.
Please use the contact details below to find out more information.