To be eligible for this licence you must:
- Be an Australian citizen or permanent resident;
- Hold an ACT Taxi Service Operator Accreditation which permits you to operate a taxi service;
- Be at least 18 years of age; and
- Meet the suitable persons requirements.
Standard taxi licences or wheelchair-accessible taxi licences require an
application for pre-approval to the road transport authority. Pre-approval application must:
- Be in writing;
- State the name of the pre-approval holder; and
- State whether the pre-approval is for a standard taxi licence or a wheelchair-accessible taxi licence.
Once you have been granted pre-approval you will be placed on a taxi licence waiting list, as there are limited taxi licences available in the ACT. A pre-approval holder who is given an availability notice about a taxi licence may apply to the road transport authority for the taxi licence. Application for a taxi licence must be in writing and state any changes in details which have occurred since the pre-approval application was made.
Please consult the Contact Officer for more information regarding eligibility requirements.