The authorising Agency will consider numerous factors in determining whether to approve your application. These factors include:
- The species of animals to be trapped;
- The areas in which traps are to be set;
- Your experience and competency;
- Your employees and agents;
- The adequacy of your traps and other trapping equipment; and
- The amount of time between setting and checking traps.
Additionally, your criminal record must be deemed satisfactory by the Agency, specifically in relation to whether within a period of 3 years preceding the date of the application you have been convicted of an animal welfare related offence. Due to the restrictive nature of this permit, please consult the Contact Officer in the first instance for more information on eligibility and the application process.