You will require this authority if you intend to carry on certain petroleum exploration operations and certain operations relating to the recovery of petroleum, in the authority area.
An access authority may be issued to a:
- Registered holder of a petroleum exploration permit;
- Registered holder of a petroleum retention lease;
- Registered holder of a petroleum production licence;
- The holder of a State or Northern Territory petroleum title; or
- The registered holder of a petroleum special prospecting authority.
The access authority entitles you to undertake petroleum and greenhouse gas formation, storage, exploration or development work outside of, but in close proximity to, the boundaries of that title area .
Please consult the Contact Officer for more information.