You may apply for this accreditation if you operate a residential care service. Residential care is considered to include personal or nursing care of a person who resides in a residential facility that provides:
- Appropriate accommodation;
- Appropriate staffing to meet the need of the care recipients;
- Meals and cleaning services;
- Appropriate equipment, furniture and furnishings; and
- Meets all requirements covered in the Residential Care Subsidy Principles.
Residential Care does not include care that is:
- Provided to a recipient inside their own private home or dwelling;
- Provided to a recipient inside a hospital or a psychiatric facility;
- Provided in a facility that does not primarily provide care for the frail or elderly; or
- Not deemed residential under the Residential Care Subsidy Principles.
Please consult the Contact Officer for more information.