You will be required to apply for this authorisation if you intend to carry out manual welding on, or relating to, an aircraft.
The types of manual welding approved are:
- Gas welding (Type 1);
- Braze welding (Type 2);
- Manual metal arc welding (Type 3);
- Gas tungsten arc welding (Type 4);
- Gas metal arc welding (Type 5); and
- Plasma arc welding (Type 6).
The parent metal groups approved are:
- Aluminium alloys (Group 1);
- Magnesium alloys (Group 2);
- Carbon steel and low alloy steels (Group 3);
- Corrosion and heat resisting steels (Group 4);
- Nickel alloys (Group 5);
- Copper-based alloys (Group 6); and
- Titanium alloys (Group 7).
Please consult the Contact Officer for more information.