A number of general requirements are to be addressed in maritime security plans prior to approval, including:
- A security assessment for the participant's operation;
- The security activities or measures to be implemented at each security level;
- Contact details for the participant's security officer;
- Provision for the use of declarations of security; and
- How the plan will make a contribution toward maritime security outcomes.
The plans must also set out how the plan is to be protected from unauthorised access, amendment and disclosure.
There are obligations for port operators, port facility operators and port service providers to give specific information to other industry participants conducting operations within the security regulated port.
Please consult the Contact Officer for more information regarding eligibility requirements.