You must comply with this one of these standards if you are the operator of a Regulated Australian Vessel, or if you are the operator of a foreign vessel that is;
- In an Australian port
- entering or leaving an Australian port
- in the internal waters of Australia
- in the territorial sea of Australia, other than in the course of innocent passage.
The standards set out the minimum requirements for breathing apparatus. They are:
- AS/NZS 1715 (Selection, use and maintenance of respiratory protective equipment)
- AS/NZS 1716 (Respiratory protective devices).
For foreign ships, any equivalent international standard must be complied with.
Please consult the Agency Contact Officer for more information and to ascertain the level of compliance (if any) that may be required.