You may be required to comply with this standard if you intend to manufacture, supply or install a electric water heater. The standard outlines the following:
- Minimum Energy Performance Standard (MEPS) requirements for various water heaters.
- Performance criteria that are prerequisites for MEPS compliance.
- Maximum heat loss targets for a range of electric water heater types.
- Top Energy Saver Award labelling option.
- Energy labelling and MEPS registration application format for storage water heaters.
The standard does not specify safety requirements.
Please consult the Contact Officer for more information and to ascertain the level of compliance (if any) that may be required.