Central Land Council Permits - Australian Government


You will require a permit if you intend to undertake certain activities on Aboriginal land in the Southern half of the Northern Territory.

The following permits are available:

  • mining
  • entry access
  • transit on non-public roads
  • media permit
  • special purposes such as research, environmental activities, filming and commercial projects or other work on Aboriginal land and / or with Aboriginal communities.

Please consult the Contact Officer for more information.

Service type


A licence defines the need to obtain recognition / certification and registration to undertake a certain business activity.


You will not require a permit if you are:

  • visiting the public areas of a community and not staying overnight
  • a government worker entering Aboriginal land for the purposes of your work
  • a contractor to the government working in communities. However, an entry permit is required for work on Aboriginal land outside communities (including outstations).

Eligibility requirements

Please consult directly with the Contact Officer for information on any eligibility requirements.


Fees Details for this service in table format.

Task Type Business Structure Description
Apply Application All

There are no fees for any of the permits.

Act(s) name

Aboriginal Land Rights (Northern Territory) Act 1976 AG

Administering agency

Central Land Council

Contact details

Contact Email, Phone and Address Details for this service in simple two column table format, header then data.

CLC Permit Officer

Central Land Council

Operating address: 27 Stuart Highway
Alice Springs
Northern Territory 0870
Mailing address: PO BOX 3321
Alice Springs, Northern Territory 0871
Toll Free: 1800 003 640
Fax: 08 8953 4343
Other: 08 8951 6211
Email: permits@clc.org.au
Website: Central Land Council (Opens in new window)