You will require this certificate if you intend to work as a seafarer in Australian waters.
A seafarer is any person who works on board a vessel on the business of the vessel (including a master, engineer, marine engineer driver, coxswain, mate and hand), other than the following:
- A licensed pilot of the vessel;
- An owner of the vessel or a person (except the master) representing the owner;
- Law enforcement personnel;
- If the vessel is a special purpose vessel-special personnel in relation to the vessel; or
- A person temporarily employed on the vessel in port.
Please consult the Contact Officer for further information on this licence.