You will be required to comply with this Code if you are a building contractor or building industry participant who has tendered for or intends to tender Commonwealth funded building work since 2 December 2016.
The Code sets out the Commonwealth Government's expected standards of conduct for building contractors or building industry participants who seek to be, or are, involved in Commonwealth funded building work.
The Code has requirements that relate to various circumstances.
On all Commonwealth funded building work:
- Eligibility to tender requirements
- Subcontractor compliance
On Commonwealth funded building work of a certain value:
- Drug and alcohol testing
- Workplace Relations Management Plans
On all building work where you are a covered by the Code:
- Content of enterprise agreements
- Obligation to report on actual or threatened industrial action and certain relation action
- Security of payment
- Standards of conduct on site
- Freedom of association
- Right of entry
- Industrial action
- Sham contracting
- Compliance with laws
- Unregistered written agreements and other agreements
- Prohibited conduct
- Collusive practices
- Engagement of non-citizens and non-residents
- Above entitlement payments
- Dispute settlement
- Fitness for work (alcohol or drugs).