You must comply with this code if you undertake fire test procedures on navigational products.
The fire test procedures include:
- Testing for non-combustibility;
- Testing for smoke and toxicity;
- Testing fire door control systems;
- Testing surface flammability;
- Testing vertically supported textiles and films;
- Testing upholstered furniture;
- Testing bedding components; and
- Testing materials for high-speed ships and vessels'.
Please note that the Agency has advised that this code is called up in Marine Order 47, Issue 3. Please consult the Contact Officer for more information and to ascertain the level of compliance (if any) that may be required.