Fish Receiver Permit - Australian Government


You will require this permit if you intend to act as a fish processor, wholesaler or retailer of fish sourced from particular Commonwealth fisheries.

The requirement for a permit varies according to the fishery. Currently, a fish receiver permit is required for fish received from the following fisheries:

  • Southern Bluefin Tuna Fishery
  • Coral Sea Fishery
  • Bass Strait Central Zone Scallop Fishery
  • Southern Squid Jig Fishery
  • Southern and Eastern Scalefish and Shark Fishery
  • Eastern Tuna and Billfish Fishery
  • Western Tuna and Billfish Fishery
  • Small Pelagic Fishery
  • South Tasman Rise.

Please consult the Contact Officer for more information.

Service type


A licence defines the need to obtain recognition / certification and registration to undertake a certain business activity.

Eligibility requirements

Please note that in order to receive southern Bluefin tuna, you will be required to be registered with the Agency.

Please consult with the Contact Officer for information on any eligibility requirements.


12 months.


Fees Details for this service in table format.

Task Type Business Structure Amount Description
Apply Application All $245.00 -
Renew Renewal All $245.00

Paper-based renewal.

Renew Renewal All -

Online renewal. No fees are required.

Act(s) name

Fisheries Management Act 1991 AG

Regulation(s) name

Fisheries Management Regulations 1992 AG

Administering agency

Australian Fisheries Management Authority


Contact details

Contact Email, Phone and Address Details for this service in simple two column table format, header then data.



Australian Fisheries Management Authority

Mailing address: PO BOX 7051
Canberra BC, Australian Capital Territory 2610
Phone: 02 6225 5328
Phone: 1300 723 621
Fax: 02 6225 5439