Accreditation may be obtained by:
- passing a accreditation test
- completing successfully a course of studies at an Australian institution approved by the Agency
- providing evidence of specialised qualifications in translating / interpreting obtained from a recognised training institution overseas
- membership of a recognised international translating and / or interpreting professional association
- providing evidence of advanced standing in translating or interpreting.
Recognition may be awarded to practitioners in languages where accreditation testing is not yet available, subject to satisfying the eligibility requirements.
Prerequisites vary according to the level of accreditation required:
- professional translator
- paraprofessional translator
- advanced translator
- professional interpreter
- paraprofessional interpreter
- advanced interpreter / conference interpreter.
Please consult the Contact Officer for more information regarding eligibility requirements.