You will require this licence if you intend to play live or recorded music within your workplace, or to make copies of music for these purposes. The types of activities covered by this licence include:
- employees playing music at their desks
- having music play in your office, warehouse or the like
- playing music at business events, or office parties
- playing music in training sessions and other business presentations
- playing music in front-of-office or reception areas that are available to the public
- telephone hold music for your fitness centre or business telephone.
You will need a separate licence if you intend to use for ticketed events or live performances open to the public. Please note that there are different licensing regimes in Australia regarding the reproduction and playing of music and music videos that are protected by copyright.
This licence covers the use of music for the described activities only. Please note that depending on the nature of your activities you may also be required to hold a licence with the Phonographic Performance Company of Australia (PPCA) or the Australian Recording Industry Association (ARIA).
Please contact the Contact Officer for more information.