You will require this licence if you intend to play live or recorded music within your workplace, or to make copies of music for these purposes . The types of activities covered by this licence are:
- employees playing music at their desks
- having music play in your office, warehouse or the like
- at business events, office parties or the like
- in training sessions and other business presentations
- in front-of-office or reception areas that are available to the public
- telephone hold music for your fitness centre or business telephone.
will need a separate licence if you intend to use for ticketed events or live performances open to the public. Please note that there are different licensing regimes in Australia regarding the reproduction and playing of music and music videos that are protected by copyright.
This licence covers the use of music for the described activities only. Please note that depending on the nature of your activities you may also be required to hold a licence with the PPCA or ARIA. It is recommended that you discuss your licensing needs with all three Agencies prior to applying.
Forms and other related documnets are available on the APRA AMCOS website.
Please contact the Contact Officer for more information.