You will require this licence if in the operation of your business there will be performances at the premises by means of either:
- featured recorded music selected or pre-programmed by DJs
- a pre-programmed music service.
This licence may be relevant to you if you operate any of the following:
- hotel, club, motel, tavern or bar
- restaurant or cafe
- retail outlet
- health or beauty service
- fitness centre or trainer
- theatre or cinema
- corporate / business workplace
- school, university or other tertiary institution
- dance school or eisteddfod organiser
- community band, choir or performance group
- hall, ice rink, function or sports centre
- other service to the public.
A licence legally authorises the public performance of copyrighted music from within the Australasian Performing Right Association and Australasian Mechanical Copyright Owners Society (APRA AMCOS) and Phonographic Performance Company of Australia (PPCA) global inventory of registered songs (called works), sound recordings and music videos.
You would obtain a licence from OneMusic Australia depending on the type of business or organisation you are operating and this covers the rights of the above two organisations.