You must comply with this standard if you intend to carry out construction work. The objective of this national standard is to protect against the hazards associated with construction work by requiring:
- Individuals to ensure that hazards are identified, the risks they pose assessed, and either the risks eliminated or minimised; and
- The provision of information, consultation, planning, documentation, training and other measures to ensure occupational health and safety.
This standard applies to:
- Clients and designers of construction projects;
- People working in, or controlling, construction work or projects; and
- Activities on construction sites.
It does not apply to owners or occupiers of dwellings personally performing construction work on those dwellings.
Compliance with the provisions of this standard will not necessarily mean that you have fulfilled your obligations under all relevant occupational health and safety acts and regulations.
Please consult the Contact Officer for more information and to ascertain the level of compliance (if any) that may be required.