You may be required to comply with this code if you are a person:
- Person performing high risk work;
- Person or organisation who engages others to perform high risk work; or
- Person or organisation responsible for training and assessment activities related to high risk work.
High risk work includes:
- Scaffolding work;
- Rigging (including dogging) work;
- Crane and hoist operation;
- Forklift operation; and
- Pressure equipment operation.
Please note that employers must not allow or direct an employee or a contractor to perform a class of high risk work at a workplace if the employee or contractor does not hold a licence to perform the class of high risk work. Appropriate licences are issued at the discretion of the relevant State and Territory licensing authorities listed in the standard.
The standard requires training and assessment for high risk work licences to occur within the vocational education and training system. The aim is to achieve nationally uniform, competency based training.
Please consult the Contact Officer for more information and to ascertain the level of compliance (if any) that may be required.