A licence may be granted to individuals, partnerships and companies who are able to satisfy the legal requirements for a public weighbridge licensee.
To be eligible for this licence you must:
- be at least 18 years of age
- be a fit and proper person
- complete a recognition kit to gain a Statement of Attainment
- provide a certification certificate
- undergo a criminal history check and submit a National Criminal History Report
- provide details of all employees that will be operating the weighbridge
- have the weighbridge inspected to ensure that it is suitable for use as a public weighbridge
- pay any required fees.
Under the new national legislation there are provisions available for licensees to contract the day to day operations of a public weighbridge to another person. That contracted person must meet all the legislative requirements and conditions as if they were eligible for a licence themselves.
If you intend to perform end-and-end weighings on weighbridges you will need to meet certain strict conditions and accuracy requirements.
Please consult the Contact Officer for more information regarding eligibility requirements.