You will require this authorisation if you intend to acquire, store or dispose of a fluorocarbon refrigerant.
Fluorocarbon refrigerants are:
- CFCs (Chlorofluorocarbons)
- HCFCs (Hydrochlorofluorocarbons)
- HFCs (Hydroflourocarbons)
- PFCs (Perfluorocarbons).
There are three types of Refrigerant Trading Authorisations (RTAs) that are available:
- authorisation to acquire, store and / or dispose of fluorocarbon refrigerants (wholesalers, refrigeration and air conditioning (RAC) industry businesses and automotive businesses)
- authorisation to acquire fluorocarbon refrigerant for use in the manufacture of RAC equipment
- restricted refrigerant trading authorisation to recover, store or dispose of refrigerant from RAC equipment (metal recyclers, auto parts recyclers and waste management businesses).
Please consult the Contact Officer for more information.