You will be required to comply with this technical standard if you intend to manufacture, supply or modify customer equipment designed or intended for connection to a telecommunications network that has a hierarchical digital interface at:
- 2,048 kilobits per second;
- 8,448 kilobits per second;
- 34,368 kilobits per second; or
- 139,264 kilobits per second.
The purpose of this technical standard is to help protect:
- The integrity of a telecommunications network or a facility; and
- The health and safety of people who operate, work on, use or may be affected by the operation of a telecommunications network or facility.
It is also intended to ensure that customer equipment:
- Can be used to give access to an emergency call service; and
- Is interoperable with a telecommunications network.
Please consult the Contact Officer for more information and to ascertain the level of compliance (if any) required.