Approval to Place Sign on Public Unleased Land - Australian Capital Territory


You must apply for this approval if you intend to place a sign on public unleased land. The approval grants you permission to place a sign on public unleased land for the purpose of:

  • Advertising; or
  • Giving public notice.

If the sign is a movable sign then you must comply with the relevant movable signs code of practice.

Please use the contact details below to find out more information.

Service type


A licence defines the need to obtain recognition / certification and registration to undertake a certain business activity.

Eligibility Requirements

To be eligible for this approval you must submit an application providing details on the placement of the sign. The sign must not:

  • Cause a disturbance, inconvenience or offence to people using the land;
  • Cause undue risk to people or property; or
  • Damage the public unleased land.

Please consult the Contact Officer for more information regarding eligibility requirements.


Fees Details for this service in table format.

Task Type Description
Apply Application

Fees vary depending on individual circumstances. Please consult the Contact Officer for more information.

Administering agency

Transport Canberra and City Services

Parks and Territory Services Division

City Services

Contact details

Contact Email, Phone and Address Details for this service in simple two column table format, header then data.

Land Use Unit

Phone: 02 62058794
Fax: 02 62077133