You are required to be registered if you intend to practise as an occupational therapist in Australia. You will require this registration if any of the following apply to you:
- You have direct clinical contact with patients;
- Your work impacts on safe, effective delivery of health services;
- Your work or insurer requires you to be registered;
- You intend to use a protected title that is reserved for health practitioners; and
- You want to be eligible for Medicare and / or Pharmaceutical Benefit payments.
Please note that the types of activities considered a part of occupational therapy may be updated or changed from time to time.
Please use the contact details below to find out more information.