You will require this licence if you intend to fly an aircraft as pilot in command or co-pilot in commercial operations.
This licence authorises you to fly as the pilot in command or co-pilot in any operation except for the following:
- Multi-crew aircraft in charter or regular public transport operations;
- An aeroplane certified for single pilot operations with a maximum take-off weight (MTOW) of more than 5700kg in regular public transport operations; or
- Turbojet aeroplanes with a MTOW of more than 3500kg in regular public transport operations.
You may receive a licence for the following aircraft types:
- Aeroplane (A);
- Helicopter (H);
- Gryoplane (G);
- Airship (AS);
- Powered lift (PL); and
- Glider (GL).
You may receive a class rating for the following class of aircraft:
- Single-engine aircraft;
- Multi-engine aircraft; and
- Single-engine helicopter.
You are only permitted to operate the type and class of aircraft that is listed on your licence. You receive class and type ratings according to the competency based training units that you have undertaken at approved flight training organisations or under the authority of an Air Operator Certificate.
Please be aware that there are comprehensive design endorsements, operational ratings, operational endorsements and flight activity endorsements that must be listed on your licence before you can undertake certain activities.
Please consult the Contact Officer for more information.