Consent to Import Chemicals - Australian Government


You will require this consent if you intend to import into Australia either:

  • Unregistered agricultural or veterinary chemical products; or
  • Unapproved active constituents.

Some exemptions from requiring this permit are available; such as if the chemicals will be used for:

  • Research;
  • Limited promotions; or
  • Incorporation into products which will not be registered in Australia and will be exported from Australia.

Please consult the Contact Officer for more information.

Service type


A licence defines the need to obtain recognition / certification and registration to undertake a certain business activity.

Eligibility Requirements

Please consult the Contact Officer for information regarding eligibility requirements.


As specified on the consent permit.


Fees Details for this service in table format.

Task Type Business Structure Description
Apply Application Sole Trader, Partnership, Company, Trust, Co-operative, Incorporated Association, Other

Fees will vary depending on your circumstances. Please consult the Contact Officer for more information.

Administering agency

Australian Pesticides and Veterinary Medicines Authority

Registration Management and Enquiries

Contact details

Contact Email, Phone and Address Details for this service in simple two column table format, header then data.

Import Consents

Operating address: 18 Wormald Street
Australian Capital Territory 2609
Mailing address: PO BOX 6182
Kingston, Australian Capital Territory 2604
Phone: 02 6210 4793
Fax: 02 6210 4721