Dance School Music Licence - Australian Government


You will require this licence if you intend to play copyrighted music in your business. This licence covers the use of any of the following devices for the broadcast of music:

  • playing music as part of your dance class
  • reproducing music for the purposes of giving them to your students for dance class-related use
  • playing music as part of any dance school concerts.

Please note that there are different licensing regimes in Australia regarding the reproduction and playing of music and music videos that are protected by copyright.

This licence covers the composition only. Please note that depending on the nature of your activities you may also be required to hold a licence with the PPCA or ARIA. It is recommended that you discuss your licensing needs with all three Agencies prior to applying.

Please consult the Contact Officer for more information.

Service type


A licence defines the need to obtain recognition / certification and registration to undertake a certain business activity.

Eligibility Requirements

To be eligible for this licence you must:

  • apply using the relevant form
  • pay the appropriate licence fee.


Fees Details for this service in table format.

Task Type Business Structure Description
Apply Application Sole Trader, Partnership, Company, Trust, Co-operative, Incorporated Association, Other

Fees will vary depending on your circumstances. Please consult the Contact Officer for more information.

Administering agency

Australasian Performing Right Association

Australasian Mechanical Copyright Owners Society

Revenue and Licensing

Contact details

Contact Email, Phone and Address Details for this service in simple two column table format, header then data.

Enquiries, Licensing Services

Operating address: 16 Mountain Street
New South Wales 2007
Mailing address: Locked Bag 5000
Strawberry Hills
New South Wales 2012
Phone: 02 9935 7900
Phone: 1300 852 388