All employers covered by the national workplace relations system have an obligation to give each new employee a Fair Work Information Statement before, or as soon as possible after, the new staff member starts employment.
It provides basic information on national standards for employment matters and contains information about:
- The National Employment Standards (NES);
- The effect on an employee's NES entitlements when there is a transfer of business:
- Modern awards;
- Agreement making under Act;
- Individual flexibility arrangements:
- The right to freedom of association;
- Termination of employment;
- Right of entry (including the protection of personal information by privacy laws); and
- The role of related Government Agencies.
Please consult the Contact Officer for more information.