You will be required to comply with this standard if you are either:
- a registered higher education provider that employs staff
- operating a business that employs 500 or more employees in Australia.
Registered higher education providers and businesses employing more than 500 employees are required to report to the Agency on workplace gender equality issues. The standards outline policies and strategies that employers must have in place to enable them to provide the required information to the Agency in the workplace gender equality report.
The standards include requirements for:
- gender composition of the workforce
- equal remuneration between women and men
- availability and utility of employment terms, conditions and practices relating to flexible working arrangements for employees
- sex-based harassment and discrimination.
Please consult the Contact Officer for more information and to ascertain the level of compliance that may be required.