Approval to Conduct Commercial Activities or Works on Trust Land - New South Wales


You will require this approval if you intend to conduct certain activities or works on land administered by the Centennial Park and Moore Park Trust. Trust land includes:

  • Centennial Park
  • Moore Park
  • the E.S. Marks Athletics Field
  • the land formerly known as Sydney Showground
  • Queens Park
  • certain other lands (e.g. Tay Reserve and Drivers Triangle).

The Regulations contain a complete list of all activities that require approval. The following are examples of activities for which you will require approval:

  • collect money
  • sell any papers, printed matter, food, article, things, services or tickets
  • conduct an amusement activity, event, promotion, instruction or performance
  • establish or operate a business
  • organise or participate in a public meeting, function, demonstration, gathering or other activity
  • use television, cinematographic or photographic equipment for commercial or promotional purposes
  • erect a hoarding, banner or notice, or display or distribute commercial, promotional or political advertising matter or a sign, bill, poster or other printed matter
  • erect a sign or attach a sign to a tree, pole, rail or fence
  • organise or conduct a foot race, cycle race, horse race, wheelchair race, fun run, rollerblade run or similar event
  • camp or erect a tent or similar structure
  • damage the lands in any way, including by climbing a tree, removing timber, interfering with the habitat of an animal, abandoning an animal, obstructing access to a thoroughfare, or lighting a fire
  • dispose of waste
  • conduct recreational activities including golf, hang-gliding, the discharge of fireworks, or fishing
  • conduct activities involving a horse or other animal, including riding, training or breaking a horse
  • use a vehicle in particular areas or above a particular speed
  • ride or cycle in a group
  • operate a radio or similar device or operate a public address system or similar device.

You will also require this approval if you require the granting of an easement through, upon or in the trust lands in order to:

  • construct pipelines, lay or re-lay cables or construct any apparatus to be used in connection with those pipelines or cables
  • provide access to dwellings situated on or within trust lands.

Please consult the Contact Officer for more information.

Service type


A licence defines the need to obtain recognition / certification and registration to undertake a certain business activity.

Eligibility Requirements

Please consult with the Contact Officer for information on any eligibility requirements.


Fees Details for this service in table format.

Task Type Business Structure Description
Apply Application Sole Trader, Partnership, Company, Trust, Co-operative, Incorporated Association, Other

Please consult the Contact Officer for information on fees to be submitted.

Administering agency

Centennial Park and Moore Park Trust

Contact details

Contact Email, Phone and Address Details for this service in simple two column table format, header then data.

Enquiries, Parklands Office

Operating address: Banksia Way
Centennial Park
New South Wales 2021
Mailing address: Locked Bag 15
New South Wales 2021
Phone: 02 9339 6699
Fax: 02 9360 4215
Website: Centennial Park and Moore Park Trust (Opens in new window)