Approval to Sell Goods or Services from a Temporary Store - New South Wales


You may require this approval if you intend to sell any goods from a stall or vehicle in a public place in New South Wales. Examples of the sort of activities that require approval include:

  • selling goods from a vehicle or stand
  • temporary food stalls
  • mobile food vendors.

Please be aware that this approval is generally sought for temporary events such as festivals and shows. In some cases, temporary events may also require development consent.

Please consult the Contact Officer for more information.

Service type


A licence defines the need to obtain recognition / certification and registration to undertake a certain business activity.

Eligibility Requirements

To be eligible for this approval you must provide details such as the type of items or services to be offered, the type of structure you will be operating from and the proposed location.

The minimum public liability insurance indemnity for this approval is $10,000,000.

Please consult directly with the Council for information on any eligibility requirements specific to your approval.


As specified on the approval.


Fees Details for this service in table format.

Task Type Business Structure Amount Description
Apply Licence Sole Trader, Company, Partnership, Trust, Other, Co-operative, Incorporated Association $76.00

Itinerant food vendors approval of up to one week.

Apply Licence Sole Trader, Partnership, Company, Trust, Co-operative, Incorporated Association, Other $262.00 Itinerant food vendors annual approval.

Administering agency

Murrumbidgee Council

Contact details

Contact Email, Phone and Address Details for this service in simple two column table format, header then data.

Enquiries Officer

Operating address: 21 Carrington Street
Darlington Point, New South Wales 2706
Mailing address: PO BOX 5
Darlington Point, New South Wales 2706
Phone: 03 5886 1200
Phone: 03 6960 5500
Fax: 03 5886 1701
Fax: 03 6968 4252