Authority to Drive a Bus or Tourist Vehicle (Motorcycle or 4WD) - New South Wales


You will require this authority if you intend to drive a bus, motorcycle or 4-wheel drive tour vehicle as part of a tourist service. A tourist service may be a pre-booked service or a service designed for the carriage of tourists to their destination.

Please consult the Contact Officer for more information.

Service type


A licence defines the need to obtain recognition / certification and registration to undertake a certain business activity.

Eligibility requirements

To be eligible for this authority you must:

  • Hold a current unrestricted / unconditional Australian driver's licence for at least 12 months (within the last 2 years) that enables you to drive the specified size and weight of vehicle;
  • Have successfully completed a medical assessment;
  • Be at least 20 years of age;
  • Provide 2 recent passport sized photographs;
  • Be an Australian or New Zealand citizen, permanent resident or hold a visa allowing you to work in Australia;
  • Be of good repute and a fit and proper person; and
  • Be deemed to have sufficient responsibility and aptitude to drive a public passenger vehicle.

Please consult the Contact Officer for more information regarding eligibility requirements.


Driver authorities are issued for a period of three years.


Fees Details for this service in table format.

Task Type Amount
Apply Application $70.00
Renew Renewal $70.00

Act(s) name

Passenger Transport Act 1990 NSW

Regulation(s) name

Passenger Transport Regulation 2007 NSW

Administering agency

Transport for NSW

Contact details

Contact Email, Phone and Address Details for this service in simple two column table format, header then data.

Enrolment Processing

Transport for NSW

Operating address: Level 4
16-18 Wentworth Street
New South Wales 2150
Mailing address: Locked Bag 5085
New South Wales 2124
Toll Free: 1800 227 774
Phone: 02 9689 8888
Fax: 02 9689 8813