Consent to Develop Coastal Protection Works (Long-term) - New South Wales


You will require this consent if you are a land owner and you intend to carry out long-term development relating to coastal protection works.

Coastal protection works aim to reduce the impact of coastal hazards on land adjacent to tidal waters and includes seawalls, groynes revetments and beach nourishment.

Please be aware that when your local Council has a coastal zone management plan in place you should contact them before submitting an application. If no plan is in place, then you should contact the State Agency.

If you intend to reduce the impacts of coastal erosion on your property during small storm events, then you should apply for a Temporary Coastal Protection Works Approval.

Please consult the Contact Officer for more information

Service type


A licence defines the need to obtain recognition / certification and registration to undertake a certain business activity.

Eligibility Requirements

Please consult with the Contact Officer for information on any eligibility requirements.


Fees Details for this service in table format.

Task Type Business Structure Description
Apply Application Sole Trader, Partnership, Company, Trust, Co-operative, Incorporated Association, Other

Please consult the Contact Officer for information on fees to be submitted.

Administering agency

Department of Planning and Environment

Office of Environment and Heritage

Regional Operations

Contact details

Contact Email, Phone and Address Details for this service in simple two column table format, header then data.

Enquiries, NSW Coastal Panel

Mailing address: PO BOX A290
Sydney South, New South Wales 1232
Phone: 02 9995 5555
Phone: 13 15 55
Fax: 02 9995 5939