To be eligible for this authority you must:
- Hold a current NSW driver licence and must have held for a total of at least 12 months of the preceding 2 years an Australian Driver Licence;
- Be at least 20 years of age;
- Have successfully passed an examination or assessment covering aspects of medical fitness;
- Have successfully passed an English language assessment (applies to metro only);
- Be of good repute and in all other respects a fit and proper person; and
- Have sufficient responsibility to drive a taxi-cab in accordance with the law and custom.
If you intend to drive in an area outside a recognised transport district (Sydney, Newcastle, Wollongong), it is not necessary to complete a formal course. You will need to:
- Complete the taxi application form including 2 photos,
- Completed a medical form (no older than 6 months); and
- Pay the relevant fee.
Please consult the Contact Officer for more information regarding eligibility requirements.