You will require this approval if you are going to discharge commercial, trade or industrial waste directly or indirectly into a public sewer. This type of waste is referred to as liquid trade waste and includes waste produced by the following types of businesses:
- business / commercial premises (such as a beautician, florist, hairdresser, hotel, motel, restaurant, butcher, service station, supermarket or dentist)
- community / public premises (such as a craft club, school, college, university, hospital or nursing home)
- industrial premises
- trade activities (such as a mobile carpet cleaner)
- commercial activities carried out in a residential location
- commercial saleyards, racecourses, stables and kennels
- any wastewater transported by vehicle or drawn from ships or boats (including septic effluent).
Please consult the Contact Officer for more information.