Step 1: If the property does not have a pre-laid water service, the property owner will need to decide whether your accredited driller or Hunter Water will be doing the water main drilling.
Step 2: Make an Application for Services Connection and pay the appropriate fees. You will need to provide Hunter Water with a copy of the plan which has been stamped by Council. To complete the application you will need to provide the:
- size of your private water service
- size of the drilling to the water main
- plumbing licence number, name and phone number
- date when the water meter frame will be ready for Hunter Water's contractors to install the meter.
Step 3: Connect the water and / or sewer services.
For water connections:
- connect the water supply first
- confirm the meter frame ready date
- confirm the drilling day and time.
For sewer connection inspections, please contact NSW Fair Trading.