Construction Induction Card - New South Wales


You may require a construction induction card (or white card) if you intend to carry out construction work. Construction work includes any work carried out in connection with the construction, alteration, renovation, maintenance, or demolition, of a structure.

A person who has successfully completed general construction induction training may apply for a general construction induction training card. Please be aware that this training can only be delivered by a Registered Training Organisation (RTO) that has the relevant national training unit.

Construction workers can also work in NSW using valid construction induction cards issued by all States and territories under the National Code of Practice for Induction for Construction Work, as well as the following induction cards issued under previous arrangements:

  • blue cards issued in Queensland
  • red cards issued in Victoria
  • blue cards issues in Western Australia.

Please consult the Contact Officer for more information.

Service type


A licence defines the need to obtain recognition / certification and registration to undertake a certain business activity.

Eligibility requirements

To be eligible for this card you must:

  • complete the general construction induction training
  • submit your application within 60 days after the issue of the training
  • provide all the information requested
  • pay the required fee.

Please consult the Contact Officer for more information regarding eligibility requirements.


The card is cancelled if you have not done any construction work for 2 years.


Fees Details for this service in table format.

Task Type Business Structure Amount Description
Apply Application All -

If lodged and paid online in one transaction, $27.50, otherwise $33.50

General Duplicate Certificate All $33.50 Replacement.


Task Business Structure Resources
Apply All General Construction Induction Card - The application process will be managed by your RTO. Please consult the Contact Officer for further information on the application process.
Vary All WorkCover Licence Replacement (Online) (Opens in new window)
Vary All Application to Replace a High Risk Work Licence or General Construction Induction Card - Please consult the Contact Officer for information on forms to be submitted.

Act(s) name

Work Health and Safety Act 2011 NSW

Regulation(s) name

Work Health and Safety Regulation 2017 NSW

Approval time

Cards are usually issued within 30 days. However, if a decision has not been made within 60 days, then it is taken that you hold the card until a decision is made.

Administering agency

Department of Finance, Services and Innovation

SafeWork NSW

Contact details

Contact Email, Phone and Address Details for this service in simple two column table format, header then data.

Licensing Enquiries

SafeWork NSW

Department of Finance, Services and Innovation

Operating address: 92 - 100 Donnison Street
Gosford, New South Wales 2250
Mailing address: LOCKED BAG 2906
Lisarow, New South Wales 2250
Phone: 13 10 50
Website: SafeWork NSW (Opens in new window)