To be eligible for this licence, the company or partnership must:
- employ a person that holds a Qualified Supervisor Certificate or an Endorsed Contractor Licence (Q)
- be registered with ASIC.
All relevant persons to the application (director of company or member of partnership) must:
- be considered a fit and proper person for the purposes of the licence
- not be disqualified from holding an authority under the relevant legislation
- have the necessary qualifications and practical experience as specified by the Authority
- not be a debtor to NSW Fair Trading or Administration Corporation
- not be subject to an unsatisfied Tribunal order
- not hold any authority which is currently suspended or have had an unreasonable number of complaints, penalties or cautions against you
- have not performed work subject to an unreasonable number of insurance claims
- not be bankrupt or a director or person concerned in the management of a company that is the subject of a winding up order or for which a controller or administrator has been appointed
- not, within the period of 3 years before the date of the application, have been bankrupt or a director or person concerned in the management of a company when the company was the subject of a winding up order or when a controller or administrator was appointed
- have not been a director, partner or person concerned in the management of a company or partnership that was disqualified from holding an authority within 3 years before the date of the application, unless the Director-General is satisfied that the applicant took all reasonable steps to prevent the conduct that led to the disqualification
- provide details of required insurance under the Home Building Compensation Fund
- pay any required fees.
Please consult the Contact Officer for more information regarding eligibility requirements.