Businesses, venues and events may need to collect information from every person including staff, patrons and contractors to assist with COVID-19 contact tracing.
The use of the NSW Government QR code or digital sign-in sheet system is mandatory for all workplaces and the following business types:
- retail businesses (e.g. supermarkets)
- shopping centres
- gyms and recreational facilities
- offices (e.g. call centres)
- plants, manufacturing and warehousing businesses
- educational institutions (e.g. universities and TAFE)
- schools including teachers and visitors (such as parents and contractors) but excluding students.
Where an electronic check-in system cannot be used (such as where there is no internet access), an alternative check-in solution (such as pen and paper) will need to be provided.