Import or Export Explosives - Northern Territory


You will need this approval if you intend to import or export any explosives (other than safety cartridges and distress signals), including shopgoods fireworks, into or out of the Northern Territory.

You are required to notify the agency of the arrival of each delivery of explosives into the Territory. This can be done by submitting the appropriate form. 

If you wish to import or export explosives by road or railed you are required to comply with the Australian Code the transport of Dangerous Goods by Road or Rail 2018. 

Service type


A licence defines the need to obtain recognition / certification and registration to undertake a certain business activity.


12 months.


Fees Details for this service in table format.

Task Type Business Structure Description
Apply Application All

Please contact the agency for information regarding fees to be submitted.

Act(s) name

Dangerous Goods Act 1998 Northern Territory

Regulation(s) name

Dangerous Goods Regulations 1985 Northern Territory

Administering agency

NT WorkSafe

Contact details

Contact Email, Phone and Address Details for this service in simple two column table format, header then data.

Please use these contact details for help or more information:

NT WorkSafe

Operating address: Ground Floor, Building 3, Darwin Corporate Park
631 Stuart Highway
Berrimah NT 0801
Mailing address: GPO Box 1722
Darwin NT 0801
Phone: 1800 019 115
Website: (Opens in new window)

Supporting information