Licence for Place of Public Entertainment - Northern Territory


A licence is required for any unlicensed premises open to and used by the public for entertainment. Public entertainment includes concerts, recitals, lectures, readings, theatre, movies, dancing, boxing or other contests or the provision of more than 3 amusement machines. It is required for any premise open to and used for entertainment of the public, such as libraries, pinball parlours, cinemas, theatres, bowling alleys, circuses, dancing schools, and halls or auditoriums.

Service type


A licence defines the need to obtain recognition / certification and registration to undertake a certain business activity.


As designated.


Variable; refer to your local council.

Additional information

Refer to your council for details to be submitted.

Administering agency

NT Local Government Agencies