Permit for Consumption of Liquor on Council Property - City of Darwin - Northern Territory


You will need this permit if you wish to organise an event in a restricted area with liquor consumption. This permit does not authorise the sale of alcohol, only the consumption of alcohol at a specified area and at a specified time.

You will need to consult Northern Territory Police and the council before you lodge this application.

Service type


A licence defines the need to obtain recognition / certification and registration to undertake a certain business activity.




Refer to your local council.

Application process

The paper form 'Application for Licence for Place of Public Entertainment' is available from the agency.

Additional information

Refer to your council for details to be submitted.

Administering agency

City of Darwin

Contact details

Contact Email, Phone and Address Details for this service in simple two column table format, header then data.

Please use these contact details for help or more information:

Customer Service Centre

City of Darwin

Operating address: Harry Chan Avenue,
Northern Territory
Mailing address: GPO BOX 84
Darwin, Northern Territory 0801
Phone: 08 8930 0300
Website: City of Darwin (Opens in new window)