Permit to Import or Translocate Fish or Aquatic Life - Northern Territory


You must apply for this permit if you intend on importing live exotic, non-indigenous fish or aquatic life into the Northern Territory.

This permit is usually attached to an Aquaculture, Aquarium Fishing/Display and Aquarium Trader licenses but individuals wishing to bring any exotic, non-indigenous fish into the NT must also obtain this permit.

Service type


A licence defines the need to obtain recognition / certification and registration to undertake a certain business activity.


As designated.



Administering agency

Department of Industry, Tourism and Trade

Fisheries Division

Contact details

Contact Email, Phone and Address Details for this service in simple two column table format, header then data.

Please use these contact details for help or more information:

Licensing Officer

Fisheries Licensing

Operating address: 33 Vaughan Street
Berrimah, Northern Territory 0828
Mailing address: GPO BOX 3000
Darwin, Northern Territory 0801
Phone: 08 8999 2183
Fax: 08 8999 2057
Contact us website: Contact NT Fisheries (Opens in new window)