Permit to Interfere with a Tree, Garden, or Grass Strip - Northern Territory


You will need this permit if you want to interfere or damage a tree, plant, garden, flowers or grass strip. Interfering or damaging means to cut, remove, disturb, pluck, or take.

Service type


A licence defines the need to obtain recognition / certification and registration to undertake a certain business activity.


Fees Details for this service in table format.

Task Type Business Structure Description
Apply Application All Please ask your council for more information regarding fees.


Task Business Structure Resources
Apply All Permit to Interfer with a Tree, Garden, or Grass Strip - apply by writing to your local council.

Act(s) name

Local Government Act 2008 Northern Territory

Local law(s) name

Darwin City Council By-Laws 1994

Administering agency

City of Darwin