Permit to Keep/Farm and Trade Crocodiles and/or their Parts - Northern Territory


Persons intending to keep and or trade crocodiles and/or their parts require a Permit to Keep and Trade.
New applicants proposing to establish a crocodile farm will have to adequately complete a 'New Assessment Criteria' for the establishment of new crocodile farms.

Service type


A licence defines the need to obtain recognition / certification and registration to undertake a certain business activity.

Eligibility requirements

Permit holders must be compliant with the provisions of the Territory Parks and Wildlife Conservation Act 2000, Animal Welfare Act 2002 and a Code of Practice (see section 5.3.1).

Act(s) name

Animal Welfare Act 1999 Northern Territory

Territory Parks & Wildlife Conservation Act 1976 Northern Territory

Administering agency

Department of Tourism, Sport and Culture

Contact details

Contact Email, Phone and Address Details for this service in simple two column table format, header then data.

Please use these contact details for help or more information:

Permits Office

Operating address: Level 1 JHV2
356 Bagot Road
Millner NT 0810
Mailing address: PO Box 1448
Darwin NT 0801
Phone: 0889994795
Fax: 0889994524
Other: 0889994814
Website: (Opens in new window)