Permit to Obstruct a Public Place - Northern Territory


You will need this permit if you intend to deposit building or other materials, erect or construct stages, scaffolding, hoarding or fences on a public street in the Jabiru Town Area.

Hoardings are high temporary fences or structures enclosing a demolition site or a building site during building works, to restrict access and provide protection to the public.

Scaffolding is a temporary structure used to support a work crew and materials to aid in the construction, maintenance and repair of buildings, bridges and all other man-made structures.

Service type


A licence defines the need to obtain recognition / certification and registration to undertake a certain business activity.


Fees Details for this service in table format.

Task Type Business Structure Description
Apply Application All

Please contact the council for more information.


Application process


In your application, you must:

  • fully describe the intended work and the height, depth, extent and position
  • state whether it is necessary for the execution of work that a scaffold or stage be constructed or that the building will be deposited on the footpath
  • state the time necessary that such state or scaffolding or such materials deposited should be kept or that such holes should remain open.

Administering agency

West Arnhem Regional Council

Contact details

Contact Email, Phone and Address Details for this service in simple two column table format, header then data.

Please use these contact details for help or more information:

General Enquiries

West Arnhem Regional Council

Northern Territory
Operating address: Office 13 Tasman Crescent
Jabiru, Northern Territory, 0886
Phone: 08 8979 9444
Fax: 08 8979 9488