Register as an Occupational Therapist - Northern Territory


You need to be registered to practise as an occupational therapist in Australia. The title of occupational therapist is protected and you must be registered to use it.

You will need this registration if any of the following apply:

  • you have direct clinical contact with patients
  • your work impacts on safe, effective delivery of health services
  • your work or insurer requires you to be registered
  • you intend to use a protected title that is reserved for health practitioners
  • you want to be eligible for Medicare and / or Pharmaceutical Benefit payments.

The types of activities considered a part of occupational therapy may be updated or changed from time to time.

There are five different types of registration offered to practitioners:

  • general
  • provisional
  • limited
  • non-practising
  • student.

Please use the contact details below to find out more information.

Service type


A licence defines the need to obtain recognition / certification and registration to undertake a certain business activity.

Eligibility requirements

To be eligible for registration you must:

  • hold an approved qualification
  • meet the requirements stated in the registration standards.

Please consult the Contact Officer for more information regarding eligibility requirements.


One year


30 November


Fees Details for this service in table format.

Task Type Business Structure Description
Apply Application All

Fees are listed on the attached document.

Administering agency

Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency

Contact details

Contact Email, Phone and Address Details for this service in simple two column table format, header then data.

Please use these contact details for help or more information:

Northern Territory Office

Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency

Operating address: Level 5
22 Harry Chan Avenue
Darwin, Northern Territory 0800
Mailing address: GPO BOX 9958
Darwin, Northern Territory 0801
Phone: 1300 419 495
Website: Australian Health Practitioners Regulation Agency (Opens in new window)