Royalty Notification - Northern Territory


The Northern Territory owns all minerals (other than uranium) and all reserves of petroleum onshore and in coastal waters. Royalties are imposed on minerals extracted (except uranium) and on petroleum production.

All persons intending to commence production of a commercial quantity of a saleable mineral commodity must notify the mineral royalty Secretary by submitting a Mineral Royalty Act Section 11 Notification of Information form.

As the payment of petroleum royalties is governed by the Petroleum Act and a legally enforceable written agreement between a licensee and the Treasurer, all persons intending to produce petroleum must contact the Territory Revenue Office.
For further information regarding Northern Territory mineral and petroleum royalty obligations (including payment and lodgement of returns), please refer to Territory Revenue Office???s website at

Service type


A licence defines the need to obtain recognition / certification and registration to undertake a certain business activity.

Act(s) name

Administering agency

Territory Revenue Office (Commissioner of Territory Revenue)

Contact details

Contact Email, Phone and Address Details for this service in simple two column table format, header then data.

Revenue Analyst

Operating address: Level 14, Charles Darwin Centre
19 The Mall
Darwin NT 0801
Mailing address: GPO Box 154
Darwin NT 0801
Phone: 1300305353
Website: (Opens in new window)