The program provides targeted assistance to small businesses that demonstrate high-growth and employment aspirations to enable them to engage business mentors, coaches, specialist consultants or an advisory board for 6-12 months. The objectives of the program are to:
- enable small businesses to grow and employ more Queenslanders
- increase the capabilities of small business owners
- improve business confidence and sustainability
- assist small businesses grow to medium-size businesses
- enable more small businesses to embrace new opportunities.
Matched funding of up to $10,000 (excluding GST) may be provided to eligible businesses. The funding must be matched by a cash contribution by the participating business.
Two grant payments will be made directly to the business. The first 50% of the grant amount will be paid on approval and on receipt of a valid tax invoice from the applicant, and the final 50% will be paid on successful completion of the project.